Vacancy Notice N° o25/2012
Project Assistant (Grade B2)
Directorate General of Human Rights and Rule of Law (DGI)
Directorate of Justice and Human Dignity
03 January 2013
Under the authority of the Head of Office and the supervision of the Directorate General of Human Rights and Rule of Law (DG I) of the Council of Europe in Strasbourg, the position-holder will carry out multiple assistance tasks in the implementation of the Project “Improving the independence, efficiency and professionalism of the Ukrainian justice system”.
This project is funded by the Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA).
This position is limited to the duration of the project. The project will run for 2 years.
The incumbent will perform the following tasks in accordance with the Organisation’s procedures, guidelines and priorities, with a concern for quality, efficiency, accuracy and confidentiality:
- Provide logistical and secretarial assistance to the project team, and international and national experts, in the planning, organisation and follow-up of the project activities, in accordance with the Project work plan and in co-operation with the national partners and stakeholders;
- Make practical arrangements connected to project activities (visa requests, accommodation and meeting venue bookings, local transport arrangements, interpretation);
- Draft and format correspondence, memos, documents and financial arrangements;
- Prepare the submission of financial support documents for final payment and reimbursement of experts; provide and verify any other financial information and documentation as regards the activities implemented;
- Organise and keep project documents and files up to date (activity planning, official reports, expertise and other documents, outgoing and incoming correspondence, contact lists);
- Ensure circulation of pertinent information and documents among the project team and the Office;
- Carry out other tasks as may be required connected to the project implementation.
Employee Core Values
§ Professional and technical competencies:
- Completed secondary education followed by an appropriate professional qualification;
- Professional expertise:
- At least two years’ relevant professional experience; experience of secretarial duties;
- Experience of the implementation of co-operation activities would be an advantage;
- Planning and work organisation; ability to work under pressure, deal with multiple tasks and respect deadlines.
§ ICT skills: Sound computer skills of standard tools in office applications (word processing, spreadsheet, data bases, presentation software, outlook, internet/intranet publication);
§ Interpersonal skills: service and client orientation, team-work and co-operation. Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural team.
§ Communication and linguistic skills: Ukrainian mother tongue (or command of Ukrainian of mother-tongue standard);
- Ability to express oneself, present and draft clearly, concisely and convincingly in English;
- Knowledge of French would be an advantage.
§ Personal attitudes: initiative and responsibility, result orientation and sense of continuous improvement, concern for quality, efficiency and accuracy, adaptability, self-management and development, organisational alignment.